17th, May 2023 Shemaroo Entertainment Ltd., one of India’s leading players in the media and entertainment industry has announced its financial results for the fourth quarter and financial year ending 31st March 2023.
Highlights for Q4 FY23 (Consolidated)
- · Revenue from Operations stands at Rs. 164.5 crores as against Rs. 93.6 crores in Q4 FY22; Up by 75.8% YoY
- · Earnings before Interest, Tax, Depreciation, and Amortization (EBITDA) reported was at Rs. 16.9 crores as compared to Rs. 8.7 crores in Q4 FY22; up by 93.7% YoY; the Company’s EBITDA Margin stands at 10.3%
- · Profit Before Tax (PBT) stands at Rs. 7.5 crores as against Rs. 2.4 crores in Q4 FY22; Yearly jump to 211.8%
- · Profit After Tax (PAT) reported was at Rs. 4.8 crores as against Rs. 2.1 crores in Q4 FY22; up by 136.5% YoY
- · The Company’s PAT Margin stood at 2.9%
- · Earnings per share (EPS) stands at Rs. 1.78 (Face Value Rs.10 per share)
FY22 Vs FY23 (Consolidated)
- • Revenues from operations were reported at Rs. 556.6 crores as compared to Rs. 381.4 crores in FY22; up by 45.9%
- • EBITDA stands Rs. 47.3 crores in FY23, as against Rs. 35.8 crores in FY22; up by 31.9%. The Company’s EBITDA margin stood at 8.5%.
- • PBT stood at Rs. 14.8 crores for FY23 as compared to Rs. 5.2 crore in FY22; up by 186.4%
- • PAT increased to Rs. 9.4 crores in FY23 as against Rs. 5.3 crores in FY22; up by 77.7%. The Company’s PAT margin stood at 1.7%.
- • EPS for FY23 stood at Rs. 3.45
- • Yearly growth of Digital Media and Traditional Media for FY23 is 23.3% and 66.5% respectively
- • ShemarooMe, the OTT Platform released 14 new titles during the quarter
- • Shemaroo GECs have a viewership share of over 9% in the overall Hindi GEC genre
- • The contribution of B2C revenue as a percentage of total revenue has doubled in FY23 vs FY22 and now contributes to around 1/3rd of the overall revenue
- Commenting on the results, Hiren Gada, CEO – Shemaroo Entertainment Ltd., said, “Considering the external economic scenario, I am very pleased with our overall performance in this financial year. We started on this journey of changing our business strategy in 2019 and against all odds and headwinds that we have faced over the last few years, we have overcome all these challenges and have been successful in meeting our strategic goals. We are extremely confident that the agility, strength and innovative business model, along with a professionally run organization with freshly inducted talent from the media industry, will see our company delivering strong financial performance in the coming years.”